Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Fun

Saturday night the hubby and I met a couple of friends at MacCracken's Pub. We sat outside and the weather was beautiful. Although it did get a little chilly as the night went on, was glad I brought a sweater. It was the SUPERMOON which was not as impressive as I had hoped. I honestly couldn't tell the difference between it and a regular full moon. But...I can tell you one thing, I am THRILLED that I did not have to work that night!

View from our seat outside, I love how the lights ran along the top of the building!

The hubster chilling after some belated St. Patty's Day beerage.

Sunday for lunch we had leftovers *adding leftovers to my likes list* after I took another 1 hour WALK around the neighborhood. I was much more sluggish than Saturday (only 3.4 miles today), I don't think I realized what a workout it was with all the STEEP hills. For dinner we went to PANANG Malaysian and Thai. YUMMY!! We started with the Penang Popia (a steamed spring roll with jicama) and a cup of Tom Kay (chicken coconut soup). Clay ordered a spicy Malaysian chicken curry and I had the curry vegetables in a clay pot *as seen above. The pot was GIANT! It was so tasty and I have at least 2 servings left that I brought home with me. We couldn't resist dessert, we ordered the Cendol *as seen below. It was green pea flour strips and sweet red beans topped with shaved ice and coconut milk. Awesome meal and a definite repeat place!

After dinner we went to the movies to see the Lincoln Lawyer which was a very enjoyable movie. We got a sweet deal the other day from Groupon for $6 per ticket (regular tickets are $11).

No comments:

Post a Comment