Wednesday, May 16, 2012

8mile


I just got back from an enjoyable 8 mile run.  I decided yesterday that I would try for 7 miles today so that I would get close to the distance for the 15k June 2nd.  I wanted to make sure that I thought I could do it since I just recently started back to running.  It went really well.  The weather cooperated and it wasn't too hot when I headed out and there was a nice breeze.  The first 5 were easy peasy unfortunately mile 6 was mostly a steep uphill but I maintained the pace pretty well.  My 7th mile was my fastest and I got it below 11min.  Came in, stretched it out and made a tasty smoothie.  In the mix:   2 cups almond milk, 2 frozen bananas, 1/2 scoop soy vanilla protein powder, 1 pack supergreens, a few cashews, and 1/2 cup water.
I ran out my road and down a different road today which was great because it was pretty flat compared to where I used to run.  I think this will be my new long run route.  I came across an old cemetery and it was right at my halfway point so I stopped there to stretch a moment and to eat my Honey Stinger waffle (this was super tasty!)  Seemed to do a good job too since my 7th mile was my best time.

I am not sure what the rest of the day holds but I am thinking I may read my book some, take a little nap (maybe outside), grocery shop (think I am going to cook a raddish, potato, and leek soup), pick up the CSA bounty, and maybe squeeze in an ab workout all before Clay gets home and we veg out in front of the tv for the evening.  Tomorrow is birthday day, got to decide what to do.  Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment