Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 6 - Provo River Parkway hotel to Lake Utah


I headed out to the right from the hotel on the Provo River Parkway. The trail wound in and out of residential and commercial areas for about 1.5 miles then I ran into a detour.


This detour took me along a busy road in a bike path even under the busy interstate 15. It was an interesting experience but since I am not used to it I was a little apprehensive and I was very glad to get back into some residential communities. There were markings every 1/2 mile or so along the way to let you know that you were still on track.


I was hiking toward the lake and away from downtown Provo so I didn't notice the nasty rain clouds coming in from the mountains until I stopped to take the picture of some goats on the side of the road. At this point I figured I would keep going since I would definitely get soaked if I headed back the way I came.


It was the first day that I listened to my headphones while out and it sure made the time fly by. If you notice I do have the earbud out of the ear facing traffic, and my volume was very low.



This is where the detour ended and I was actually back on the Parkway.



It kept looking more and more ominous back toward the hotel. I just knew that I was going to end up soaked to the bone. It was about 5.5 miles out to the Lake which is the end, or beginning, of the trail depending on how you start. I was worried that at least 3 miles of the return trip would be in torrential rain.


Apparently it took me long enough to get to the lake and head back that they rains moved off in the distance. I caught maybe 50 rain drops on the way back but got to see 2 beautiful rainbows the whole return trip.


Then I went with Clay and stuffed myself silly on Mexican food and then frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment