Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Farmers Market

 I picked Sarah up after work today and went to the Mulberry Farmers Market downtown to pick up some groceries.  I had planned on cooking fried rice, stir fry (zucchini/mushrooms/steak) tonight but I needed to pick up some beef so this was perfect.  It was my first time getting to go to the market (one of the perks of now being on dayshift).  I also got some eggs, cabbage, onions, carrots, free-range hangar steak, sourdough bread, and a cranberry bar snack.  It is so nice to be able to plan dinners and come home and cook for us.  
The meat was frozen so I sliced it really thin, I heated pineapple juice and tidbits with Dale's seasoning and cooked the meat to medium well.  Super tasty!  We had finished off the eggs muffins and English muffins this morning so I need to prepare some more eggs tonight.  I also sliced the sourdough bread for our breakfast the next couple of days.   
I had a good day at work, things flowed a little better and are making more sense.  I started doing patient rounds today and it was enjoyable to be back at the bedside more!  I plan on learning peritoneal dialysis later this week and next so that will be exciting.  I am also adjusting to days much better than I thought I would. 


These eggs are beautiful!  Next week I will get some duck eggs, Clay wants to try them, I have no idea what to expect but we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment