Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Storms, Salad, and Shrimp

Thanks to my best friend, Allyson, I got out of my refried bean rut tonight. I had been eating refried beans for 5-6 days. Her suggestion...shrimp. I never think about making shrimp but they are so tasty and like fish it is a meat that I really don't mind cooking. I also made a delicious salad with roma tomatoes, cucumber, black olives, chick peas, onion, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh basil, and salt and cracked pepper. Been sick with a cold all weekend and it was nice to start the week feeling better and with some good eats.

We are going to have storms tonight and I am excited to be off work so that I can enjoy them. Thinking about storms today I remembered a great one that we watched roll in on Florida's gulf coast a few years ago. The only thing better than a storm at home is a beach storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment