Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Early Morning Recipe Experimentation

A little hungry this morning and wanting something warm and sweet. Mixed about 1/4 cup whole wheat pancake mix, 1/8 cup uncooked quinoa, 1 banana, 1 egg, a dash of vanilla and butter extracts, 1 tbsp each of poppy seeds and chia seeds, juice and zest of 1/2 a lemon (think I will use a whole lemon next time since they weren't as lemony as I would have liked) mix all items and mashed banana then cooked the whole whole thing like a giant pancake. Yay for happy tummy!

Earlier tonight I tried Moringstar Farm's buffalo Chik-n bites which were surprisingly good but did need a little extra sauce in my opinion. Paired that with some carrots (which I also dipped in the buffalo sauce) and some olive oil lemon feta hummus chips.




These things are soooo good!!!

1 comment:

  1. One of my very favorite flavor combinations are lemon and poppyseeds so I'm excited to find your recipe for the pancakes. Also, perhaps some lemon extract will enhance the lemon flavor?

    ReplyDelete