We finally got some delicious Pork stew stuff going. Smells and looks delicious. Will post the recipes and the link to the original split log stove tomorrow when clay gives me his recipe and sends me the link.
Clay and Fire Friend's Pork Skillet Pot Pie
2 cans of biscuits
2.5 pound of pork cut into cubes
3Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 TBSP white vingear
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic
3 cups of ham stock
1 large onion diced
4 stalks of celery chopped
1 pound of Idaho potatoes cubed into small pieces
1/2lb baby carrots
1 pint sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup beer of your choice
1. Combine steak seasoning, olive oil, vinegar, and beer and mix with pork. Let marinate for 1 hour or more.
2. Place vegetable oil in dutch oven and fry the pork until brown then remove pork with tongs or strainer scoop and place to the side.
3. Put in all veggies and let fry for about 2 minutes.
4. Combine all ingredients back in the dutch oven including left over marinade, then top with canned biscuits.
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes an high heat of Split Log Stove (not that there is any other temperature)
6. Carefully remove from heat and ENJOY!
When this dog crashes she crashes HARD!