Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Done with Raw

(We are heading to Helen next week so I brought back an on Helen pic from 2010)

I completed my 2 week raw vegan trial yesterday evening. It was a real eye opening experience. I surprised myself, it was a lot easier than I expected it to be. I became a lot more in tune to the flavor of foods and my taste buds definitely became more sensitive. I think this is something that I will try and rotate out every other month or so. It was a painless way to drop pounds quick because I was able to eat SO much food but didn't feel guilty about it. I lost 1.5% body fat in the past month, woohoo!
I picked up some tricks and recipes that I can use mixed in with my regular diet. Probably the best "trick" I learned was ribboning zucchini to use in place of pasta. Easy and tasty! I also learned to enjoy salad without dressing, something I always envied of others that did. I used dash seasoning on my salads a lot and added lemon or lime juice. I am also going to start taking fruit more often as my snacks at work instead of granola bars and heavily processed items. Spices, spices, spices lots of flavor and no calories. I also learned that I CAN live without cheese. Wow! I went 2 weeks without cheese, I don't want to spend my life without cheese but I will definitely decrease my consumption and eat it more as a special treat. I may have a slight cheese addiction, I'll admit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment