Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend

Friday we drove down to Statesboro to celebrate Mother's Day with Clay's mom. We tried a new restaurant, South & Vine Public House.  We started with ceviche which was delicious, I had scallops with angel hair, bacon and mushrooms which was a treat!  The place was packed...thanks to the combo of the holiday and Georgia Southern's graduation weekend.  The service was really stellar though especially considering how busy they were.
Killer and Lily went with us to Clay's mom's  house and they played and played.  Lily ate several chewy bones, got scared by the flashlight, smelled Jefferson the cat, and sniffed out critters in the yard.  Killer was content sitting with Clay's mom, eating lots of people food, and hoarding her chipmunks.
Saturday morning  Lily and I got up and went for a walk.  The weather was beautiful!  Wild blackberries were growing all along the side of the road but I didn't have anything to put them in so I picked up a random beer 12 pack that was just laying there.  I was surprised when I saw there was a black widow inside (Clay just got bitten by a black widow at home recently),  I slung it out and smooshed it, and then I used it to put berries in.





Saturday evening we went to Dudley and had Mother's Day dinner with mom, Mema, Johnannah, and Scott.  Sunday we actually were able to sleep late, even Lily slept in.  She and I went for a walk when we got up.  Then it was housework time and I went to weed and water the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment