Monday, July 16, 2012


We had a nice time at the Generous pour event at the Capital Grill in Atlanta.  Thank you Yelp for bringing us another fantastic elite event!   After a beautiful glass elevator ride to the 8th floor we were greeted by the staff, Kathleen, and some rose.  A little later the stations were opened up for sampling.  They had a total of 9 wines to taste and some delicious light bites.  The lobster and crab roll was perfect and the bite of Clay's filet roll was so tender and flavorful, I wish that I had gotten my own but I was pacing myself. 


They had a drawing for a free dinner for two and Kathleen (the Atlanta community manager) sadly did not choose our name. 
We sat at the bar for most of the evening.  Clay was sad that he was not able to have an old fasioned here.  The bartender deferred to the wine tasting, no mixed drinks here.   We talked with a new Yelper to us, Helmut and also caught up with Steve and Dee again (they are with us in the first picture at the top). 

The marinated roasted tomatoes were my favorite item of the evening though, they were perfect!  Although the desert wine was delicious too.  It was almost like wine made from rum raisin ice cream, very sweet and had a strong taste of fruit.

I got these photos from the Yelp flickr site.   

This one I snapped in the elevator, too bad you can't see the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment