Monday, September 3, 2012

Zucchini gets my vote!


Not sure what inspired me today but I felt like baking a little something.  I saw this recipe for Zucchini Lemon Bread a few days ago and had the link pulled up on my computer and finally put myself into gear today.   I made a few small changes based on what I had on hand.  I subbed some apple banana sauce since I didn't have plain apple sauce, I also didn't have quite enough so I added 2tsps of coconut oil.  I didn't have wheat flour so I used all purpose plus 2tbsp flax meal.  I didn't have buttermilk to I used the recommended amount of milk plus 1.5tsp white vinegar.  I also didn't have white sugar so I used 1/3cup brown sugar and 1/3 cup splenda.  I think I also added an extra 1/2 cup of zucchini too.  This bread is super dense and moist and I really liked it sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment